Life Anew -TOTO at ISH 2017
A new attitude towards life through regeneration, comfort and hygiene. TOTO showed innovative technologies that transform the bathroom into a spa at ISH.
TOTO's motto for its ISH 2017 presentation was "Life Anew": For the first time, the company showed innovative technologies developed in Japan that have an even greater impact on people's health and well-being. The bathroom is an important space for people to regenerate and escape the stresses of everyday life - whenstaying in a hotel or at home. A global player currently setting new standards across Europe, TOTO strongly believes that everyday bathing rituals should be transformed into enriching experiences.
Innovations at this year's ISH included an innovative shower concept that transforms bathrooms into spas and a new bathtub in the premium NEOREST collection. Another newcomer is the NEOREST vessel.
The spa shower
TOTO spent over 10 years researching the rejuvenating aspects of showering and bathing, and developed a number of innovative features on these findings. The innovations introduced at ISH focused on a new type of shower concept that transforms time in thebath into a wellness ritual of extraordinary comfort. New overhead showers and handheld units have different types of sprays for use at various times of the day, or to suit people's individual preferences: "Active Wave" ensures an invigorating start to the day,"Comfort Wave" promotes recovery and regeneration at any time of day, and "Warm Spa"is a warm stream of water that envelopes the body for a soothing effect just before bed. It's easy to switch the shower head from one mode to the next and enjoy the different sprays by pressing a button.
Weightless bathing - TOTO offers a health-promoting and meditative bathing experience
A bathtub in which people can experience total weightlessness is more than just extremely relaxing. It has been proven to help relieve chronic fatigue and put the bather in ameditative state. TOTO calls this unusually calming bathing experience "Zero Dimension". This is achieved through a specific reclining position, with the buttocks lower than the legs, which are slightly bent - similar to the posture of astronauts sleeping in zerogravity. The result is extremely deep muscle relaxation that calms both body and spirit. TOTO conducted extensive research on the impact of water pressure on the body, and developed the devices necessary to measure it - all to determine the healthiest position for the body. This process of relaxation and regeneration in the bath is further intensified by massage jets and an ergonomically shaped pillow. Warm water flows out of a narrowopening in the pillow, covering the bather's neck and upper body in soothing warmth.TOTO received the "Society Award" from the Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineers and the "Essay Award" from the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering for the remarkable research and profound findings that went into developing this healthy, stress-relieving bathing experience.
Delicate design, innovative and durable materials
The new bathtub in the premium NEOREST collection as well as the NEOREST vessel -introduced for the first time at ISH - share an understated, ergonomic design and especially delicate lines. The material used for the bathtub features an innovative multilayer structure and a very durable, smooth surface finish. The vessel is made of very thin ceramic, which measures just 4 mm. TOTO developed a new process to produce especially thin ceramic, which is twice as hard as conventional TOTO ceramic.
WASHLET - an essential for greater well-being, comfort and hygiene
WASHLET plays an important role in every TOTO bathroom - and especially in the scope of this year's ISH theme, "Life Anew". After presenting WASHLET for the first time at ISH in 2009, TOTO has initiated a veritable boom in the industry. The company is still the undisputed market leader when it comes to the development of WASHLET technology. The company used this year's ISH to present the wide range of WASHLET models and highlight the benefits of the comfortable, hygienic shower toilets, which are becoming more popular in upscale residences and fine hotels.
Kaizen - or continuous improvement - is a key idea in TOTO's company philosophy. This Japanese concept is reflected in all TOTO products. Kaizen focuses on constantly changing and improving processes over time. In addition to serving as a method that can beapplied in practice, this idea of gradually improving and perfecting one's work guides the spirit and mindset among TOTO's management and employees.
1. The TOTO bathroom featured the elegant NEOREST series and stood for the central theme of "LifeAnew": Complete with WASHLET, shower and bathtub, the bathroom is the perfect place to regenerateand relax.
2. A soft, voluminous stream of water gently falls over the body, enveloping it like a second layer of skin: Warm Spa is the name of this new spray, which creates a comforting, calming shower experience that can even help people get ready to sleep. It is available in TOTO's new overhead and hand showers.
3. Comfort Wave is an invigorating spray ideal for refreshment over the course of the day. Like all of theother sprays, it creates a luxurious shower experience while conserving water.
4. The different types of sprays on the new TOTO overhead and hand showers are easily adjusted at thetouch of a button.
5. The showers also feature TOTO's timelessly elegant design. They are available in round or square versions to coordinate with every interior.
6. The new overhead and hand showers from the TOTO shower collection as well as the corresponding concealed fittings give people a wide variety of options when designing their bathrooms.
7. TOTO's NEOREST vessel. Outstanding features include the thin, yet extremely durable ceramic andspecial hygienic CeFiONtect glaze.
8. The NEOREST vessel impressed the panel of design experts with its streamlined, delicate design andinnovative ceramic. Measuring just 4 mm, it is half as thick as conventional TOTO ceramic, but twice as hard.
9. WASHLET NEOREST has several hygienic and comfort features to help meet individual needs: The sensor-based lid raises and lowers automatically, and the seat can be preheated to the preferred temperature. A wand jet with warm water is available for intimate cleansing. TOTO started a boom on the European market when it introduced WASHLET here in 2009.
10. The new NEOREST bathtub is shaped to put the bather in a specific position that gives the feeling ofweightlessness. It also features the Hydrohands and Air Jet technologies to gently massage the muscles and regenerate the entire body. The ergonomic pillow is height-adjustable. Warm water flows out of anarrow opening in the pillow, covering the bather's neck and upper body in soothing warmth. The newbathtub is made of an innovative multilayer mineral material, with an especially smooth, long-lasting and durable surface finish.